Hooker Blackheart BH14309 Exhaust System - 3.0 inch diameter, dual side exit - 409SS
Compatible with 1973-1974 Chevrolet® C10 and GMC® C15 2WD Short Bed Truck with Gen III Hemi® Engine. This exhaust system is not created or sold by GM®. Sold as a Kit.
- Exhaust system designed for use when installing a Gen 3 Hemi engine into C10 or C15 2-wheel drive trucks
- Header-back exhaust system designed for easy installation with direct fitment to BH2390 mid-length headers – or connection to BHS558, BH559, BHS560, or BH2375 (manifolds or log headers) using BH2486 adapter pipes
- Dual exhaust system with crossover in 3.00-inch diameter with side exits behind the rear tires
- 409 stainless steel mandrel bent tubing - for strength and corrosion resistance
- High quality hardware (clamps, hanger rods, and rubber isolators) provide excellent fitment and leak-free installation
- 304 stainless-steel straight-through absorption mufflers for an aggressive to moderate muscle car sound without the resonance
|Engine Family||Chrysler Gen III Hemi|
|Exit Position||Dual Out Side|
|Material||409 Stainless Steel|
|Mount Type||Uses New Hangers (Included)|
|Muffler Inlet Diameter (in)||3.0|
|Muffler Material||409S Stainless Steel|
|Muffler Outlet Diameter (in)||3.0|
|Product Type||Header-Back Exhaust Systems|
|Tubing Diameter (in)||3.0"|
|Manufacturer Part Number||BH14309|
|California Proposition 65 Chemical Name||Chromium (hexavalent compounds)|
|California Proposition 65 Chemical Name 1||Nickel (metallic)|
This product is engineered to facilitate the installation of a later model, emissions friendly engine into a vintage / classic vehicle. Federal guidelines indicate that an engine swap is allowable if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- If there is a reasonable basis for knowing that emissions are not adversely affected as described in the EPA Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020
- The resulting vehicle is identical (with regard to all emissions related parts, engine design parameters and engine calibrations) to a certified configuration of the same or newer model year as the vehicle chassis
- The vehicle is a uncontrolled vehicle - Vehicles that were manufactured before emission control regulations took effect are called uncontrolled vehicles. Aftermarket parts regulations and anti-tampering laws do not apply to these vehicles
- An EO legal engine swap kit is utilized (such as a GM EROD)
- The vehicle is being used for Competition Use Only - Racing Use Only Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street
Consumers are responsible for complying with laws prohibiting tampering, and for ensuring that modified vehicles are operated in a manner that complies with applicable laws.
Motor vehicle emissions standards are intended to help achieve and maintain air quality goals that benefit human health and the environment. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the California Air Resources Board, Environment Canada, and other regulatory agencies prohibit the operation of vehicles on public roads that violate applicable emissions standards. The alteration of certified production vehicles to modify, remove, or render inoperable emissions control hardware or software, known as "tampering" is prohibited by the U.S. Clean Air Act and other laws. Tampering with motor vehicles emissions control systems is punishable by substantial monetary penalties.
Supershops is committed to performance parts that allow enthusiasts to modify their vehicles and meet emission requirements. The information provided here is intended to provide general guidance of interest to most consumers. This guidance may not apply to all vehicles or all situations. It is up to each consumer to evaluate his or her own situation and take the steps necessary to comply with applicable laws. The websites listed below have more information about regulations and policies pertaining to motor vehicle emissions. You should also check the regulations applicable to your local area.
Be the first to write a review
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.