MSD 601523 DIS Direct Ignition System Black
Compatible with Small Block Ford® 289-302. This product is not created or sold by Ford®. DIS kit easily converts a conventional distributor and coil to a modern coil per plug system.
Thanks to the real-time monitor feature of MSDView, and 8 MB of internal data storage in the DIS controller, data monitoring and logging have never been easier. The clearly labeled wiring harness, along with a full line of supporting components and accessories, take the difficulty and guesswork out of converting traditional distributor-type engines to a modern and efficient Coil-Per-Plug ignition system.
- Easily convert to a Coil-Per-Plug ignition system
- Preprogrammed timing maps
- Fully Programmable 2D and 3D Timing maps provide complete timing control
- Individual Cylinder Timing (ICT) allows precise tuning
- Built-in 2.5 bar Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor for boosted applications
- Optional temperature sensor input to control timing based on temperature
- Fully potted electronics and sealed connectors for maximum durability
- Easily programmable through a Mini-USB communication port
- Programmable Max Rev and Launch RPM limiters provide engine protection
- Consistent holeshots thanks to a Programmable Launch Timing Retard
- Single Timing Step Retard ideal for pulling timing for nitrous applications
- On-Board Data Acquisition
- Kits available for Chevy and Ford V8 applications with more to come
|Product Type||Direct Ignition Systems (DIS)|
|Manufacturer Part Number||601523|
This part is legal for sale and use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles and Racing Use Only Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
The following vehicles are considered Racing Use Only Vehicles:
- Racing Use Only Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for competition and that are not registered and that may never be used on the street
WARNING: It is against the law to install this part on an Emissions Controlled Vehicle
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle
Be the first to write a review
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.